Bethany and I had the extreme priviledge of meeting the mom of 2 of our all time favorite Amani kids, Erin Littleton. Her and her husband Scott, volunteered at Amani for 6 months right after they got married and fell in love with Jackson and Mary Cameron (MC). In December, we were able to see the awesome reunion of Erin and her 2 awesome kids as she pulled up the driveway at Amani and litterally jumped out of the van before it even came close to stopping. MC and Jackson ran faster than we'd ever seen them run, and all 3 collapsed into a big, laughing heap on the driveway. It was so cool to see.
Anyway... Teeny Beany (christina), Melody, Sophia and MC were our favorite little girls to hang out with at our house and had them to sleep over at our teeny tiny house once a week for the first couple of months. MC was always hilarious, always happy, sometimes obedient (ha!) and always always always being silly and making the other girls howl with laughter, as well as Beth and I.
In January Erin called us from Amerwica as MC calls it, and we got to have a little chat with both MC and Jackson. It was so cool and so neat to hear their adorable ugandan accents mixed with a little bit of south carolina! So here are some of my favorite memories of Erin's kids, MC and Jackson.
- December 1, 2006- my final day at Amani of my first trip and i was wearing jeans and a tee shirt both of which were CLEAN for flying home in. I went to the toddler hoouse and Jackson climbs up ontoo my lap and a couple minutes later my nice clean jeans are soaked with pee. I had a nice reminder of Jackson and Amani right on my lap the whole way home.
- a couple weeks after i got home i got a nice patch of ringworm on my chin and it was from Jacksons head. He had a big path of ringworm right on the top of his head and every day i would hold him and rest my chin on his head.
- when MC was sleeping over with melody, Sophie and George and we had spagetti for them and MC always got to sit at the table with the aunties and she slurped up every last bit of spagetti in about 2 minutes without even taking a breath. We have a super cute video of that that i'll try to post later.
- MC and Melody sharing a bed in the 2 foot space between me and beth's bed in our cramped tiny bedroom. We put our duffle bags that were full of clothes to give away, underneath them and MC would not sleep in a bed with us, she wanted to mini bed on the duffle bags.
- that same night i woke up to find her almost the entire way underneath my bed with only half of her face and an arm sticking out! Soooo cute.
- i was giving meds one morning to the kids and the toddlers always get lined up after breakfast to go on their potties and there was Jackson, with his huge belly, sitting on his potty singing at the top of his lungs to the kids praise cd that was playing.
- Michelle (another volunteer) took Jackson for the night after Phin's 2nd birthday party and we got to hear the great story of how Jackson ate 2 plate fulls of food at Raoul's house and slept like a log beside Michelle until she woke up with Jackson stroking her face and saying "teek a two, teek a two" over and over and when she went to rub his back, she got a handfull of diarhea! It exploded through his diaper, through his pj's, up his back and all over her bed!!
- when erin called us in january and we asked mc where she was and she said "i am at amerwica."
I check erin's blog multiple times a day and have gotten several of my friends and family hooked on their blog too. If you get a change to read it, please do. You will be hooked just like i am! http://www.thelittletonfamily.blogspot.com/.